Have you ever seen David Banner? Dude could be a lethal force in this year’s Super Bowl; he’s got the intimidation factor written all over him, from the linebacker build to the street-clearing vocals. But instead of hitting the field the Mississippi native has found a way to contribute to the game with his latest anthem, Super Bowl (I Can’t Wait). Self-produced, Banner talks about how he can’t wait to “bring the pain” over a stadium-shaking beat that features a powerful brass section - aren’t trumpets and football just made for each other? As the beat chugs along, Banner fills his verses with menacing threats to the other team: “I play this game like it’s the last day of my life / I’m on defense man I ain’t tryna be nice.” Overall, this is a hype song purely for hype purposes. It’s clear that DB was just having fun on this record, he wasn’t trying to create a gem. Either way, I could see this looping during the pre-game in two Sundays as the Packers and Steelers prepare to battle for the crown. I can’t wait.
Written by CourtlandHH on 01/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.