Have you ever seen David Banner? Dude could be a lethal force in this year’s Super Bowl; he’s got the intimidation factor written all over him, from the linebacker build to the street-clearing vocals. But instead of hitting the field the Mississippi native has found a way to contribute to the game with his latest anthem, Super Bowl (I Can’t Wait). Self-produced, Banner talks about how he can’t wait to “bring the pain” over a stadium-shaking beat that features a powerful brass section - aren’t trumpets and football just made for each other? As the beat chugs along, Banner fills his verses with menacing threats to the other team: “I play this game like it’s the last day of my life / I’m on defense man I ain’t tryna be nice.” Overall, this is a hype song purely for hype purposes. It’s clear that DB was just having fun on this record, he wasn’t trying to create a gem. Either way, I could see this looping during the pre-game in two Sundays as the Packers and Steelers prepare to battle for the crown. I can’t wait.
Written by CourtlandHH on 01/24/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.