Have you ever seen David Banner? Dude could be a lethal force in this year’s Super Bowl; he’s got the intimidation factor written all over him, from the linebacker build to the street-clearing vocals. But instead of hitting the field the Mississippi native has found a way to contribute to the game with his latest anthem, Super Bowl (I Can’t Wait). Self-produced, Banner talks about how he can’t wait to “bring the pain” over a stadium-shaking beat that features a powerful brass section - aren’t trumpets and football just made for each other? As the beat chugs along, Banner fills his verses with menacing threats to the other team: “I play this game like it’s the last day of my life / I’m on defense man I ain’t tryna be nice.” Overall, this is a hype song purely for hype purposes. It’s clear that DB was just having fun on this record, he wasn’t trying to create a gem. Either way, I could see this looping during the pre-game in two Sundays as the Packers and Steelers prepare to battle for the crown. I can’t wait.
Written by CourtlandHH on 01/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.