Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch David Banner’s “Let Me In” video
The great thing about David Banner is that you never know what’s coming next from the man. One minute it’s an ode to expensive whips, the next it’s a call to political action. But it should be no wonder than complicated music is being made by a complicated man, and in true form Banner’s followed his inspirational previous release Believe with a slow paced, R&B tinged new single, Let Me In. Produced by the headliner and Swiff D, Let Me In coasts through the speakers on a bed of strings and sparsely pounding production – a bed Banner wants to lay a certain female down in, despite the possible emotional complications: “They tell me that I don’t be lovin these hos enough / I just say loving from a G ain’t what she need.” It’s a subject perfect for a Tank hook, and sure enough the R&B veteran supplies some predictably smooth vocals. I can’t predict what else Banner has in store for us on the May 22 release of his Sex, Drugs & Video Games free album, but that’s half the fun when it comes to the Mississippi native’s music.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.