Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch David Banner’s “Let Me In” video
The great thing about David Banner is that you never know what’s coming next from the man. One minute it’s an ode to expensive whips, the next it’s a call to political action. But it should be no wonder than complicated music is being made by a complicated man, and in true form Banner’s followed his inspirational previous release Believe with a slow paced, R&B tinged new single, Let Me In. Produced by the headliner and Swiff D, Let Me In coasts through the speakers on a bed of strings and sparsely pounding production – a bed Banner wants to lay a certain female down in, despite the possible emotional complications: “They tell me that I don’t be lovin these hos enough / I just say loving from a G ain’t what she need.” It’s a subject perfect for a Tank hook, and sure enough the R&B veteran supplies some predictably smooth vocals. I can’t predict what else Banner has in store for us on the May 22 release of his Sex, Drugs & Video Games free album, but that’s half the fun when it comes to the Mississippi native’s music.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.