As a result of the commercial success of his first four albums, his highly-publicized political activism following Hurricane Katrina, and his on-screen debut in the film Black Snake Moan, David Banner has quietly become one of the most recognizable rappers below the Mason-Dixon Line. He is ready to once again build up that resume with his upcoming album, The Greatest Story Ever Told, out July 15 on Universal Records. One of the confirmed tracks from the album is Hello, a self-produced, slow-moving affair characterized by its dirty south drums, sprinkled handclaps, and an oozing, high-pitched synth. Lyrically, Banner doesn’t try to forge any new paths, sticking to familiar rhymes about living the dream. He is assisted by Young Jeezy (well, sort of), whose heavily-articulated vocals on the hook give the track a real Southeastern feel.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.