As a result of the commercial success of his first four albums, his highly-publicized political activism following Hurricane Katrina, and his on-screen debut in the film Black Snake Moan, David Banner has quietly become one of the most recognizable rappers below the Mason-Dixon Line. He is ready to once again build up that resume with his upcoming album, The Greatest Story Ever Told, out July 15 on Universal Records. One of the confirmed tracks from the album is Hello, a self-produced, slow-moving affair characterized by its dirty south drums, sprinkled handclaps, and an oozing, high-pitched synth. Lyrically, Banner doesn’t try to forge any new paths, sticking to familiar rhymes about living the dream. He is assisted by Young Jeezy (well, sort of), whose heavily-articulated vocals on the hook give the track a real Southeastern feel.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/18/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)