Ever ask yourself: when is it too soon to sample a record? Well, David Banner asked himself that very question and the answer he came up with is “never!” Despite the fact that Lil’ Wayne’s smash hit Lollipop is about to enter its 15th week on the charts, and, is still one of the top five most-played records at urban radio nationally, Banner has happily jacked Wayne’s “Shawty Say…” line and used it as the theme for the second single off his long-overdue album, The Greatest Story Ever Told. The difference between David Banner and most artists, however, is that the Mississippi native has actually brought Wayne aboard for the project and the two friends shot a video for the record following this week’s BET Awards in Los Angeles.
Note: The streaming of “Shawty Say” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 06/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"9MM ft. Akon, Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)