Signed to Mary J. Blige‘s label imprint, Matriarch Records, R&B singer Dave Young wants to be the male counterpart (of sorts) to his boss, while bringing real life issues into the heart of his music. Having just broken up with his woman, the West Coast resident is armed with a blunt in one hand and a drink in the other, hoping that Drinking Smoking will help clear his mind. Offering one of his deepest verses since Get Rich or Die Tryin’, 50 Cent (on a rare feature verse) joins Young to talk about the mother of his son. Drinking Smoking is ideal background music for anyone upset over lost love. If you choose to follow Dave Young’s method, however, always remember that moderation is the key.
Written by Burmy on 04/27/08
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.