Signed to Mary J. Blige‘s label imprint, Matriarch Records, R&B singer Dave Young wants to be the male counterpart (of sorts) to his boss, while bringing real life issues into the heart of his music. Having just broken up with his woman, the West Coast resident is armed with a blunt in one hand and a drink in the other, hoping that Drinking Smoking will help clear his mind. Offering one of his deepest verses since Get Rich or Die Tryin’, 50 Cent (on a rare feature verse) joins Young to talk about the mother of his son. Drinking Smoking is ideal background music for anyone upset over lost love. If you choose to follow Dave Young’s method, however, always remember that moderation is the key.
Written by Burmy on 04/27/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)