Signed to Mary J. Blige‘s label imprint, Matriarch Records, R&B singer Dave Young wants to be the male counterpart (of sorts) to his boss, while bringing real life issues into the heart of his music. Having just broken up with his woman, the West Coast resident is armed with a blunt in one hand and a drink in the other, hoping that Drinking Smoking will help clear his mind. Offering one of his deepest verses since Get Rich or Die Tryin’, 50 Cent (on a rare feature verse) joins Young to talk about the mother of his son. Drinking Smoking is ideal background music for anyone upset over lost love. If you choose to follow Dave Young’s method, however, always remember that moderation is the key.
Written by Burmy on 04/27/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.