Three months ago The DJBooth teamed up with ReverbNation for a contest that would give up-and-coming artists worldwide the chance to Flip instrumentals from standout producer Shane Eli into fully formed, original work. After combing through approximately 1,500 submissions, we’re proud to announce that Dave Lindley has won the producer category with his cut Hustler’s Code. Using a portion of nearly every instrumental that Eli originally cooked up as inspiration, Lindley bridges the gap between hip-hop and rock with a live instrument fueled opus that incorporates drums, distorted guitars, swirling synths and much more before the final note finally fades. Frankly we didn’t expect The Flip submissions to rock this hard, but ambition and execution like this just couldn’t be ignored. Respect to Dave Lindley, and while the contest portion is closed, DJs, producers and emcees alike can still stream and download The Flip‘s dope instrumentals for free right now.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.