Three months ago The DJBooth teamed up with ReverbNation for a contest that would give up-and-coming artists worldwide the chance to Flip instrumentals from standout producer Shane Eli into fully formed, original work. After combing through approximately 1,500 submissions, we’re proud to announce that Dave Lindley has won the producer category with his cut Hustler’s Code. Using a portion of nearly every instrumental that Eli originally cooked up as inspiration, Lindley bridges the gap between hip-hop and rock with a live instrument fueled opus that incorporates drums, distorted guitars, swirling synths and much more before the final note finally fades. Frankly we didn’t expect The Flip submissions to rock this hard, but ambition and execution like this just couldn’t be ignored. Respect to Dave Lindley, and while the contest portion is closed, DJs, producers and emcees alike can still stream and download The Flip‘s dope instrumentals for free right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/4/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.