Three months ago The DJBooth teamed up with ReverbNation for a contest that would give up-and-coming artists worldwide the chance to Flip instrumentals from standout producer Shane Eli into fully formed, original work. After combing through approximately 1,500 submissions, we’re proud to announce that Dave Lindley has won the producer category with his cut Hustler’s Code. Using a portion of nearly every instrumental that Eli originally cooked up as inspiration, Lindley bridges the gap between hip-hop and rock with a live instrument fueled opus that incorporates drums, distorted guitars, swirling synths and much more before the final note finally fades. Frankly we didn’t expect The Flip submissions to rock this hard, but ambition and execution like this just couldn’t be ignored. Respect to Dave Lindley, and while the contest portion is closed, DJs, producers and emcees alike can still stream and download The Flip‘s dope instrumentals for free right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/4/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.