Three months ago The DJBooth teamed up with ReverbNation for a contest that would give up-and-coming artists worldwide the chance to Flip instrumentals from standout producer Shane Eli into fully formed, original work. After combing through approximately 1,500 submissions, we’re proud to announce that Dave Lindley has won the producer category with his cut Hustler’s Code. Using a portion of nearly every instrumental that Eli originally cooked up as inspiration, Lindley bridges the gap between hip-hop and rock with a live instrument fueled opus that incorporates drums, distorted guitars, swirling synths and much more before the final note finally fades. Frankly we didn’t expect The Flip submissions to rock this hard, but ambition and execution like this just couldn’t be ignored. Respect to Dave Lindley, and while the contest portion is closed, DJs, producers and emcees alike can still stream and download The Flip‘s dope instrumentals for free right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/4/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.