In these tough economic times, more and more emcees are refusing to spit even a single bar unless they see cash up front. On his latest single, Booth newcomer Dave Coresh fills us in on his financial policy: If anyone comes up short for a collabo or wants to overcharge on a beat, he just shakes his head and tells them, “Keep It Movin!” Rob Bates (who must have offered his boardwork for a fair price) backs Dave’s fresh delivery with an old-school Chipmunk-soul sample. Though readers can stream this track free of charge, positive Booth reviews can only help Dave in his quest to accumulate more paper. Those who like what they’re hearing can find Keep It Movin and more on Coresh’s Formal Introduction Mixtape (due out in October), as well as his upcoming Call Me Dave EP.
Written by Burmy on 09/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Formal Introduction (Intro) [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.