In these tough economic times, more and more emcees are refusing to spit even a single bar unless they see cash up front. On his latest single, Booth newcomer Dave Coresh fills us in on his financial policy: If anyone comes up short for a collabo or wants to overcharge on a beat, he just shakes his head and tells them, “Keep It Movin!” Rob Bates (who must have offered his boardwork for a fair price) backs Dave’s fresh delivery with an old-school Chipmunk-soul sample. Though readers can stream this track free of charge, positive Booth reviews can only help Dave in his quest to accumulate more paper. Those who like what they’re hearing can find Keep It Movin and more on Coresh’s Formal Introduction Mixtape (due out in October), as well as his upcoming Call Me Dave EP.
Written by Burmy on 09/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Formal Introduction (Intro) [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.