Booth readers, may I present Mr. Dave Coresh? Dave Coresh, may I present the DJBooth readership? Though the Windy City up-and-comer isn’t actually new to our pages (he brought us Keep It Movin back in September), I figure it’s been long enough to justify a Formal (re)Introduction. Now that we’re all acquainted with one another, we can get down to business. This newly-leaked mixtape title track/intro (making its world premiere here in the Booth!) finds Coresh doing, well, exactly as the title suggests; backed by producer Rob Bates’ triumphant, brass-piano-synth instrumental, the emcee gives us the condensed version of who he is (“Dave Coresh, I’m the man behind every word.) and what he’s all about (“...grade-A spittin’). FI‘s brisk, 2:30 running time will likely leave listeners craving more – which, of course, was exactly what was intended. Those who like what they’re hearing will simply have to check back with us this Thursday (the 11th), when Coresh’s new, RubyHornet/FakeShoreDrive/IllRoots/DJBooth.net-sponsored street album hits our front page for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 03/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Movin" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.