Booth readers, may I present Mr. Dave Coresh? Dave Coresh, may I present the DJBooth readership? Though the Windy City up-and-comer isn’t actually new to our pages (he brought us Keep It Movin back in September), I figure it’s been long enough to justify a Formal (re)Introduction. Now that we’re all acquainted with one another, we can get down to business. This newly-leaked mixtape title track/intro (making its world premiere here in the Booth!) finds Coresh doing, well, exactly as the title suggests; backed by producer Rob Bates’ triumphant, brass-piano-synth instrumental, the emcee gives us the condensed version of who he is (“Dave Coresh, I’m the man behind every word.) and what he’s all about (“...grade-A spittin’). FI‘s brisk, 2:30 running time will likely leave listeners craving more – which, of course, was exactly what was intended. Those who like what they’re hearing will simply have to check back with us this Thursday (the 11th), when Coresh’s new, RubyHornet/FakeShoreDrive/IllRoots/DJBooth.net-sponsored street album hits our front page for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 03/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Movin" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.