Booth readers, may I present Mr. Dave Coresh? Dave Coresh, may I present the DJBooth readership? Though the Windy City up-and-comer isn’t actually new to our pages (he brought us Keep It Movin back in September), I figure it’s been long enough to justify a Formal (re)Introduction. Now that we’re all acquainted with one another, we can get down to business. This newly-leaked mixtape title track/intro (making its world premiere here in the Booth!) finds Coresh doing, well, exactly as the title suggests; backed by producer Rob Bates’ triumphant, brass-piano-synth instrumental, the emcee gives us the condensed version of who he is (“Dave Coresh, I’m the man behind every word.) and what he’s all about (“...grade-A spittin’). FI‘s brisk, 2:30 running time will likely leave listeners craving more – which, of course, was exactly what was intended. Those who like what they’re hearing will simply have to check back with us this Thursday (the 11th), when Coresh’s new, RubyHornet/FakeShoreDrive/IllRoots/DJBooth.net-sponsored street album hits our front page for streaming and free download.
Written by richard on 03/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Movin" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.