Having accumulated a significant cult following with the release of last year’s Formal Introduction mixtape, Dave Coresh is back to turn the Booth into a blazing inferno with – what’s that? Still too soon for the Branch Davidian jokes? My sincere apologies. Let’s try that again: having increased his fanbase with said street album, the emcee’s returned with a new EP single entitled Fire. Here, Tapez’ scorching boardwork (sampled from rock heavyweights Kings of Leon’s Sex on Fire) sets the stage for impassioned rhymes on the topic of Coresh’s artistic ambitions, and the lengths he’s willing to go to rise above the competition. Setting the mic ablaze in a totally figurative manner, the Chi-town based, D.C.-bred rhymesayer laces the joint with aggressive braggadocio and vivid imagery: “With fire in my veins, saliva is propane, fuel is methane, my brain is gasoline…” If this pulse-pounding motivational jam leaves you pumped, there’s plenty more just around the corner; Dave Coresh’s latest EP, The Reach, is scheduled to hit the artist’s official site at the top of next month.
Written by richard on 02/17/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Movin" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)