Having accumulated a significant cult following with the release of last year’s Formal Introduction mixtape, Dave Coresh is back to turn the Booth into a blazing inferno with – what’s that? Still too soon for the Branch Davidian jokes? My sincere apologies. Let’s try that again: having increased his fanbase with said street album, the emcee’s returned with a new EP single entitled Fire. Here, Tapez’ scorching boardwork (sampled from rock heavyweights Kings of Leon’s Sex on Fire) sets the stage for impassioned rhymes on the topic of Coresh’s artistic ambitions, and the lengths he’s willing to go to rise above the competition. Setting the mic ablaze in a totally figurative manner, the Chi-town based, D.C.-bred rhymesayer laces the joint with aggressive braggadocio and vivid imagery: “With fire in my veins, saliva is propane, fuel is methane, my brain is gasoline…” If this pulse-pounding motivational jam leaves you pumped, there’s plenty more just around the corner; Dave Coresh’s latest EP, The Reach, is scheduled to hit the artist’s official site at the top of next month.
Written by richard on 02/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep It Movin" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.