One of the perks of living on the Western Seaboard is the ability to head down to the coast and enjoy a boat ride along the Pacific shoreline. Don’t have a watercraft at your disposal? Not to worry—Booth newcomer Dave B‘s left the door to his Boathouse unlocked. With that said, the Seattle rapper/producer’s debut feature isn’t an ode to aquatic recreation; rather, his bars metaphorically describe his relationship with a certain woman. Underground mainstay Jake One cooks up a woozy, sampled beat to back the artist as he reflects on the hidden complexities of a “no-strings-attached” affair. Fellow Emerald City spitter Sol tackles a similar moral quandary on the middle verse, saying of a habitual jump-off, “Most probably dream about havin’ a hoe so sprung / But I just keep wondering how she lost hope so young.” The Doughnuts EP has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can watch our pages for further details on the set, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)