Booth readers with a thing for incredibly stupid but inexplicably funny (depending on your sense of humor) viral phenomena may recognize Brooklyn’s Das Racist from Combination Pizza Hut Taco Bell, an under-the-radar hit which found rappers Himanshu Suri and Victor Vazquez stretching a one-line joke, with minor variations, into a three-minute song. Don’t get it twisted, though; as evidenced by the group’s first feature, an unreleased freestyle over the Puma n Sire-produced instrumental from Cam’ron & Vado‘s Speakin’ in Tungs, they have got lyrics. And – again, depending on your sense of humor – pretty damn good ones. If you’re a fan of absurd, polysyllabically-rhymed punchlines ( “You couldn’t see me like a shark’s lips / Everything I touch is Jefferson… Starship.”) and Gerard Depardieu namedrops, this just might be your joint. This freestyle isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those intrigued by Das Racist’s unhinged take on underground hip-hop can hear more on their Shut Up, Dude mixtape, available now online.
Written by richard on 05/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jungle Fever (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.