Booth readers with a thing for incredibly stupid but inexplicably funny (depending on your sense of humor) viral phenomena may recognize Brooklyn’s Das Racist from Combination Pizza Hut Taco Bell, an under-the-radar hit which found rappers Himanshu Suri and Victor Vazquez stretching a one-line joke, with minor variations, into a three-minute song. Don’t get it twisted, though; as evidenced by the group’s first feature, an unreleased freestyle over the Puma n Sire-produced instrumental from Cam’ron & Vado‘s Speakin’ in Tungs, they have got lyrics. And – again, depending on your sense of humor – pretty damn good ones. If you’re a fan of absurd, polysyllabically-rhymed punchlines ( “You couldn’t see me like a shark’s lips / Everything I touch is Jefferson… Starship.”) and Gerard Depardieu namedrops, this just might be your joint. This freestyle isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those intrigued by Das Racist’s unhinged take on underground hip-hop can hear more on their Shut Up, Dude mixtape, available now online.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jungle Fever (Remix)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.