Booth readers with a thing for incredibly stupid but inexplicably funny (depending on your sense of humor) viral phenomena may recognize Brooklyn’s Das Racist from Combination Pizza Hut Taco Bell, an under-the-radar hit which found rappers Himanshu Suri and Victor Vazquez stretching a one-line joke, with minor variations, into a three-minute song. Don’t get it twisted, though; as evidenced by the group’s first feature, an unreleased freestyle over the Puma n Sire-produced instrumental from Cam’ron & Vado‘s Speakin’ in Tungs, they have got lyrics. And – again, depending on your sense of humor – pretty damn good ones. If you’re a fan of absurd, polysyllabically-rhymed punchlines ( “You couldn’t see me like a shark’s lips / Everything I touch is Jefferson… Starship.”) and Gerard Depardieu namedrops, this just might be your joint. This freestyle isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those intrigued by Das Racist’s unhinged take on underground hip-hop can hear more on their Shut Up, Dude mixtape, available now online.
Written by richard on 05/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jungle Fever (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.