Booth readers with a thing for incredibly stupid but inexplicably funny (depending on your sense of humor) viral phenomena may recognize Brooklyn’s Das Racist from Combination Pizza Hut Taco Bell, an under-the-radar hit which found rappers Himanshu Suri and Victor Vazquez stretching a one-line joke, with minor variations, into a three-minute song. Don’t get it twisted, though; as evidenced by the group’s first feature, an unreleased freestyle over the Puma n Sire-produced instrumental from Cam’ron & Vado‘s Speakin’ in Tungs, they have got lyrics. And – again, depending on your sense of humor – pretty damn good ones. If you’re a fan of absurd, polysyllabically-rhymed punchlines ( “You couldn’t see me like a shark’s lips / Everything I touch is Jefferson… Starship.”) and Gerard Depardieu namedrops, this just might be your joint. This freestyle isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those intrigued by Das Racist’s unhinged take on underground hip-hop can hear more on their Shut Up, Dude mixtape, available now online.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jungle Fever (Remix)" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!