In the immortal words of Cyndi Lauper, “Girls just wanna have fun.” And if there’s one thing that prevents fun from being had, it’s a jealous guy trying to tell you what to do. On a new EP single, her first feature since August 2012 mixtape cut Summer Breeze, Daryn Alexus sets out to correct a man who’s got it twisted: “I just wanna Party; is that a crime?” Producer Dee Lilly backs the singer’s protestations with a rolling percussion rhythm and choral-synth harmonies. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; Alexus’ VHML2 EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Daryn Alexus’ Andre (of TEHO Media)-directed Party visual.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.