In the immortal words of Cyndi Lauper, “Girls just wanna have fun.” And if there’s one thing that prevents fun from being had, it’s a jealous guy trying to tell you what to do. On a new EP single, her first feature since August 2012 mixtape cut Summer Breeze, Daryn Alexus sets out to correct a man who’s got it twisted: “I just wanna Party; is that a crime?” Producer Dee Lilly backs the singer’s protestations with a rolling percussion rhythm and choral-synth harmonies. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; Alexus’ VHML2 EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Daryn Alexus’ Andre (of TEHO Media)-directed Party visual.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.