In the immortal words of Cyndi Lauper, “Girls just wanna have fun.” And if there’s one thing that prevents fun from being had, it’s a jealous guy trying to tell you what to do. On a new EP single, her first feature since August 2012 mixtape cut Summer Breeze, Daryn Alexus sets out to correct a man who’s got it twisted: “I just wanna Party; is that a crime?” Producer Dee Lilly backs the singer’s protestations with a rolling percussion rhythm and choral-synth harmonies. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; Alexus’ VHML2 EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Daryn Alexus’ Andre (of TEHO Media)-directed Party visual.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.