In the immortal words of Cyndi Lauper, “Girls just wanna have fun.” And if there’s one thing that prevents fun from being had, it’s a jealous guy trying to tell you what to do. On a new EP single, her first feature since August 2012 mixtape cut Summer Breeze, Daryn Alexus sets out to correct a man who’s got it twisted: “I just wanna Party; is that a crime?” Producer Dee Lilly backs the singer’s protestations with a rolling percussion rhythm and choral-synth harmonies. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked; Alexus’ VHML2 EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Daryn Alexus’ Andre (of TEHO Media)-directed Party visual.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.