First things first: I can’t be the only one who glanced at this joint’s title and thought, “Oh, word, Game dropped a new freestyle already?” I kid, I kid. In point of fact, Way Too Long, the first Booth feature from Dartlin, is only a touch longer than your average rap record—and I’m happy to say that the ATL rhymesayer makes every second count. With Russ’ driving, guitar-sample arrangement banging in the back, Dartlin laments that he and the music industry seem to exist in two different timelines; while he’s hustling at Mach 5, the rest of the game is still sleeping, oblivious to the freshness he’s churning out on the daily. Fellow A-town repper Bugus (previously heard on July’s G’s Up, Hoes Down) guests, lacing the second verse with an energetically-flowed account of his own white-knuckle paper chase: “I’m runnin’ through life, chasin’ my dreams. / And I’m fundin’ my life, lacin’ my team…” So, readers, is this Southern-fried banger just your speed? If so, you won’t want to miss the rest of the quality material on Dartlin’s self-titled street album, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net November 11.
Written by richard on 10/24/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.