First things first: I can’t be the only one who glanced at this joint’s title and thought, “Oh, word, Game dropped a new freestyle already?” I kid, I kid. In point of fact, Way Too Long, the first Booth feature from Dartlin, is only a touch longer than your average rap record—and I’m happy to say that the ATL rhymesayer makes every second count. With Russ’ driving, guitar-sample arrangement banging in the back, Dartlin laments that he and the music industry seem to exist in two different timelines; while he’s hustling at Mach 5, the rest of the game is still sleeping, oblivious to the freshness he’s churning out on the daily. Fellow A-town repper Bugus (previously heard on July’s G’s Up, Hoes Down) guests, lacing the second verse with an energetically-flowed account of his own white-knuckle paper chase: “I’m runnin’ through life, chasin’ my dreams. / And I’m fundin’ my life, lacin’ my team…” So, readers, is this Southern-fried banger just your speed? If so, you won’t want to miss the rest of the quality material on Dartlin’s self-titled street album, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net November 11.
Written by richard on 10/24/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.