First things first: I can’t be the only one who glanced at this joint’s title and thought, “Oh, word, Game dropped a new freestyle already?” I kid, I kid. In point of fact, Way Too Long, the first Booth feature from Dartlin, is only a touch longer than your average rap record—and I’m happy to say that the ATL rhymesayer makes every second count. With Russ’ driving, guitar-sample arrangement banging in the back, Dartlin laments that he and the music industry seem to exist in two different timelines; while he’s hustling at Mach 5, the rest of the game is still sleeping, oblivious to the freshness he’s churning out on the daily. Fellow A-town repper Bugus (previously heard on July’s G’s Up, Hoes Down) guests, lacing the second verse with an energetically-flowed account of his own white-knuckle paper chase: “I’m runnin’ through life, chasin’ my dreams. / And I’m fundin’ my life, lacin’ my team…” So, readers, is this Southern-fried banger just your speed? If so, you won’t want to miss the rest of the quality material on Dartlin’s self-titled street album, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net November 11.
Written by richard on 10/24/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.