First things first: I can’t be the only one who glanced at this joint’s title and thought, “Oh, word, Game dropped a new freestyle already?” I kid, I kid. In point of fact, Way Too Long, the first Booth feature from Dartlin, is only a touch longer than your average rap record—and I’m happy to say that the ATL rhymesayer makes every second count. With Russ’ driving, guitar-sample arrangement banging in the back, Dartlin laments that he and the music industry seem to exist in two different timelines; while he’s hustling at Mach 5, the rest of the game is still sleeping, oblivious to the freshness he’s churning out on the daily. Fellow A-town repper Bugus (previously heard on July’s G’s Up, Hoes Down) guests, lacing the second verse with an energetically-flowed account of his own white-knuckle paper chase: “I’m runnin’ through life, chasin’ my dreams. / And I’m fundin’ my life, lacin’ my team…” So, readers, is this Southern-fried banger just your speed? If so, you won’t want to miss the rest of the quality material on Dartlin’s self-titled street album, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net November 11.
Written by richard on 10/24/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.