While over half of American marriages end in divorce, many still regard the subject as somewhat of a taboo. Luckily, there are artists like Dartlin to broach the topic with honesty, heart and, of course, some nice bars. The backbone of Divorce Files is the beat, which is created by the artist himself. The ATL native places an arpeggiated guitar riff atop airy keyboard chords to give this song a breezy, childlike vibe. Over that melancholy instrumental backdrop, the DIEMON Records artist shares the story of his parents’ divorce and how it shaped him into the man and artist he is today. This effort is attached to the soundtrack for a DIEMON short film entitled Out on Bail, starring Dartlin and scheduled for release later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Way Too Long" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.