While over half of American marriages end in divorce, many still regard the subject as somewhat of a taboo. Luckily, there are artists like Dartlin to broach the topic with honesty, heart and, of course, some nice bars. The backbone of Divorce Files is the beat, which is created by the artist himself. The ATL native places an arpeggiated guitar riff atop airy keyboard chords to give this song a breezy, childlike vibe. Over that melancholy instrumental backdrop, the DIEMON Records artist shares the story of his parents’ divorce and how it shaped him into the man and artist he is today. This effort is attached to the soundtrack for a DIEMON short film entitled Out on Bail, starring Dartlin and scheduled for release later this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Way Too Long" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.