Sexually suggestive onomatopoeia is one of the hottest trends in R&B right now—just ask Bobby Valentino, whose sultry use of sound effects scored him two of his biggest hits to date. For his first Booth feature, Toronto R&B singer/songwriter Riley is looking to get in on that action by resurrecting a classic euphemism—when he asks his girl for a little Boom Boom between the sheets, she knows exactly what he means. In keeping with the record’s theme, fellow BlackJays member and T-dot native Kardinal Offishall starts things off with a bang; his hyperkinetic opening verse, though largely unrelated to the rest of the cut’s bedroom theme, meshes perfectly with Y-Not‘s bass-booming, string-driven beat. Will Boom Boom live up to its name and make the singer’s debut LP, Riley, an explosive success? We’ll have to wait till this August to find out for sure.
Written by richard on 03/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crowded Room" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.