Sexually suggestive onomatopoeia is one of the hottest trends in R&B right now—just ask Bobby Valentino, whose sultry use of sound effects scored him two of his biggest hits to date. For his first Booth feature, Toronto R&B singer/songwriter Riley is looking to get in on that action by resurrecting a classic euphemism—when he asks his girl for a little Boom Boom between the sheets, she knows exactly what he means. In keeping with the record’s theme, fellow BlackJays member and T-dot native Kardinal Offishall starts things off with a bang; his hyperkinetic opening verse, though largely unrelated to the rest of the cut’s bedroom theme, meshes perfectly with Y-Not‘s bass-booming, string-driven beat. Will Boom Boom live up to its name and make the singer’s debut LP, Riley, an explosive success? We’ll have to wait till this August to find out for sure.
Written by richard on 03/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crowded Room" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.