Sexually suggestive onomatopoeia is one of the hottest trends in R&B right now—just ask Bobby Valentino, whose sultry use of sound effects scored him two of his biggest hits to date. For his first Booth feature, Toronto R&B singer/songwriter Riley is looking to get in on that action by resurrecting a classic euphemism—when he asks his girl for a little Boom Boom between the sheets, she knows exactly what he means. In keeping with the record’s theme, fellow BlackJays member and T-dot native Kardinal Offishall starts things off with a bang; his hyperkinetic opening verse, though largely unrelated to the rest of the cut’s bedroom theme, meshes perfectly with Y-Not‘s bass-booming, string-driven beat. Will Boom Boom live up to its name and make the singer’s debut LP, Riley, an explosive success? We’ll have to wait till this August to find out for sure.
Written by richard on 03/5/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crowded Room" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.