Sexually suggestive onomatopoeia is one of the hottest trends in R&B right now—just ask Bobby Valentino, whose sultry use of sound effects scored him two of his biggest hits to date. For his first Booth feature, Toronto R&B singer/songwriter Riley is looking to get in on that action by resurrecting a classic euphemism—when he asks his girl for a little Boom Boom between the sheets, she knows exactly what he means. In keeping with the record’s theme, fellow BlackJays member and T-dot native Kardinal Offishall starts things off with a bang; his hyperkinetic opening verse, though largely unrelated to the rest of the cut’s bedroom theme, meshes perfectly with Y-Not‘s bass-booming, string-driven beat. Will Boom Boom live up to its name and make the singer’s debut LP, Riley, an explosive success? We’ll have to wait till this August to find out for sure.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crowded Room" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.