Sexually suggestive onomatopoeia is one of the hottest trends in R&B right now—just ask Bobby Valentino, whose sultry use of sound effects scored him two of his biggest hits to date. For his first Booth feature, Toronto R&B singer/songwriter Riley is looking to get in on that action by resurrecting a classic euphemism—when he asks his girl for a little Boom Boom between the sheets, she knows exactly what he means. In keeping with the record’s theme, fellow BlackJays member and T-dot native Kardinal Offishall starts things off with a bang; his hyperkinetic opening verse, though largely unrelated to the rest of the cut’s bedroom theme, meshes perfectly with Y-Not‘s bass-booming, string-driven beat. Will Boom Boom live up to its name and make the singer’s debut LP, Riley, an explosive success? We’ll have to wait till this August to find out for sure.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crowded Room" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!