Since parting ways with his former group, R&B quartet 112, Atlanta-native Daron Jones has started up his own label (DJ Music) and begun work on his first solo project. The album, which will tentatively be titled Who I Am, is expected to see daylight sometime in the second half of 2008. To help give longtime fans and R&B lovers a taste of what he is capable of solely, Jones has released the new single Ecstasy. Similar to the sound of his former ensemble, the singer/songwriter/producer has layered multiple vocal tracks; never before has one man sounded so much like four. With technical credits for over twenty platinum plus records across the industry, Mr. Jones won’t have many problems trying to convince anyone he can “take them to ecstasy.”
Written by DJ Z on 01/2/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.