Since parting ways with his former group, R&B quartet 112, Atlanta-native Daron Jones has started up his own label (DJ Music) and begun work on his first solo project. The album, which will tentatively be titled Who I Am, is expected to see daylight sometime in the second half of 2008. To help give longtime fans and R&B lovers a taste of what he is capable of solely, Jones has released the new single Ecstasy. Similar to the sound of his former ensemble, the singer/songwriter/producer has layered multiple vocal tracks; never before has one man sounded so much like four. With technical credits for over twenty platinum plus records across the industry, Mr. Jones won’t have many problems trying to convince anyone he can “take them to ecstasy.”
Written by DJ Z on 01/2/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.