After hearing Dark Time Sunshine coin the portmanteau “Overlordian” to describe themselves on their first feature, fans might be slightly disappointed to see the Windy City-based emcee-producer duo resort to an already-existing adjective on the follow-up. But don’t get it twisted: though “Valiant” can be found in any reputable English dictionary, the crew’s style remains as eccentrically dope as ever. Zavala manages to create an instrumental that’s simultaneously ethereal and manic, layering airy synth arpeggios over a schizophrenic percussion rhythm as mic-rocking partner Onry Ozzborn tells his competition why they suck—in the most complexly dope fashion possible, of course. Indie/electronic crew Child Actor contribute their “celestial, soft” vocals to the hook, and group member Max Heath doubles as director of the song’s creative official visuals. Released in late July, Dark Time Sushine’s sophomore LP, Anx is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 09/11/12
Submit your Rating
Fake Four Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.