Confession time: I have no clue what the Dow Jones is. I know it’s something related to the stock market, but I’m no economist so it all goes a little over my head. If you want to talk about upstate New York emcee Dao Jones, then you’re speaking my language. On Us vs. Them, his first feature since February’s Faith, the artist takes a cautionary, slightly cynical stance on the rise to the top. Backed by his own haunting boardwork, Jones pits his crew against those looking to sink their claws into him, delivering his verses in a unique, almost pained flow. While he keeps his guard up, that doesn’t mean he isn’t appreciative of his fan base: “No new friends? I couldn’t disagree more / I consider fans friends and I always need more.” No word on whether this joint will be attached to any larger project but, as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.