Confession time: I have no clue what the Dow Jones is. I know it’s something related to the stock market, but I’m no economist so it all goes a little over my head. If you want to talk about upstate New York emcee Dao Jones, then you’re speaking my language. On Us vs. Them, his first feature since February’s Faith, the artist takes a cautionary, slightly cynical stance on the rise to the top. Backed by his own haunting boardwork, Jones pits his crew against those looking to sink their claws into him, delivering his verses in a unique, almost pained flow. While he keeps his guard up, that doesn’t mean he isn’t appreciative of his fan base: “No new friends? I couldn’t disagree more / I consider fans friends and I always need more.” No word on whether this joint will be attached to any larger project but, as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.