Confession time: I have no clue what the Dow Jones is. I know it’s something related to the stock market, but I’m no economist so it all goes a little over my head. If you want to talk about upstate New York emcee Dao Jones, then you’re speaking my language. On Us vs. Them, his first feature since February’s Faith, the artist takes a cautionary, slightly cynical stance on the rise to the top. Backed by his own haunting boardwork, Jones pits his crew against those looking to sink their claws into him, delivering his verses in a unique, almost pained flow. While he keeps his guard up, that doesn’t mean he isn’t appreciative of his fan base: “No new friends? I couldn’t disagree more / I consider fans friends and I always need more.” No word on whether this joint will be attached to any larger project but, as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.