Confession time: I have no clue what the Dow Jones is. I know it’s something related to the stock market, but I’m no economist so it all goes a little over my head. If you want to talk about upstate New York emcee Dao Jones, then you’re speaking my language. On Us vs. Them, his first feature since February’s Faith, the artist takes a cautionary, slightly cynical stance on the rise to the top. Backed by his own haunting boardwork, Jones pits his crew against those looking to sink their claws into him, delivering his verses in a unique, almost pained flow. While he keeps his guard up, that doesn’t mean he isn’t appreciative of his fan base: “No new friends? I couldn’t disagree more / I consider fans friends and I always need more.” No word on whether this joint will be attached to any larger project but, as always, you can keep it locked for the latest.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.