With his previous two features, unreleased joints Ayo and King’s Ransom, Dao Jones has employed the trendy stratagem of leaking dope records that won’t be on his next project, thereby leading listeners to assume that what did make the cut must be downright mind-blowing. Of course, you can’t keep your audience in suspense forever. Today, the Saratoga Springs, New York native’s back with the world premiere of Mr. October, a record that will be on his forthcoming EP. This dark, autumnal jam finds the artist once again handling mic and production duties solo, crafting an alternately slow-rolling and jittery synth-percussion instrumental to back his determined reflections on the musical hustle. The overall lyrical mood is pensive and poetic, but Jones doesn’t neglect to drop a few (hilarious) wisecracks into the mix: “All you talk ‘bout is Glock, what, you got glaucoma?” Topped off with the artist’s own impressive sung vocals on the hook, Mr. October should only leave listeners more excited for Dao’s DJBooth.net-sponsored Cole King EP, arriving on our mixtape page for free streaming and download March 2.
Written by richard on 02/15/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.