Anyone who’s traveled overseas knows that, as rewarding as the experience invariably is, the reality of an exotic locale never quite fits with the elaborate fantasies you’ve concocted beforehand. Not that there’s anything wrong with daydreams of jet-setting – especially when they’re as entertaining as the scenario described in Dao Jones’ final EP leak (another Booth-exclusive world premiere!). Admitting he’s never actually been to Japan, the NYC native proceeds to let his imagination run wild; over his own Far-Eastern samples, the artist paints a better-than-life lyrical portrait of a land where “Konichiwa, b*tches!” is a socially acceptable greeting and fly local women are all over you as soon as you step out the plane. On the middle, Booth regular The Incomparable Shakespeare indulges his sexual and professional fantasies, telling a Nipponese shawty that, though he has to catch a flight back home, she need only flip on MTV or BET to see him again. Complete with the freshest “What”-based chorus since Superthug, this joint should only get readers more amped for Dao’s Booth-sponsored Cole King EP, set to hit our mixtape page March 2.
Written by richard on 02/23/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.