Based on the speed with which Dao Jones jumps from one girlfriend to the next, you might assume the NYC buzzmaker was bad at relationships. Au contraire—as he explains on his latest feature, he’s just really Good at Being Single. (Apparently, he’s changed his mind since last May’s About Love, which found him fixing to settle down with a special girl.) On this newly-released single, Dao and Luke Moellman‘s dreamy synth production bangs in the back as the artist teaches us a lesson in responsible playerdom. As he demonstrates how to smooth-talk your way out of any conversation about commitment, he showcases the full range of his vocal abilities, transitioning fluidly between flowed bars and falsetto-laced singing. For Single and much more, check out Dao Jones’s 100 Years LP when it drops independently on Thursday, February 27.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)