Based on the speed with which Dao Jones jumps from one girlfriend to the next, you might assume the NYC buzzmaker was bad at relationships. Au contraire—as he explains on his latest feature, he’s just really Good at Being Single. (Apparently, he’s changed his mind since last May’s About Love, which found him fixing to settle down with a special girl.) On this newly-released single, Dao and Luke Moellman‘s dreamy synth production bangs in the back as the artist teaches us a lesson in responsible playerdom. As he demonstrates how to smooth-talk your way out of any conversation about commitment, he showcases the full range of his vocal abilities, transitioning fluidly between flowed bars and falsetto-laced singing. For Single and much more, check out Dao Jones’s 100 Years LP when it drops independently on Thursday, February 27.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.