Based on the speed with which Dao Jones jumps from one girlfriend to the next, you might assume the NYC buzzmaker was bad at relationships. Au contraire—as he explains on his latest feature, he’s just really Good at Being Single. (Apparently, he’s changed his mind since last May’s About Love, which found him fixing to settle down with a special girl.) On this newly-released single, Dao and Luke Moellman‘s dreamy synth production bangs in the back as the artist teaches us a lesson in responsible playerdom. As he demonstrates how to smooth-talk your way out of any conversation about commitment, he showcases the full range of his vocal abilities, transitioning fluidly between flowed bars and falsetto-laced singing. For Single and much more, check out Dao Jones’s 100 Years LP when it drops independently on Thursday, February 27.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.