Based on the speed with which Dao Jones jumps from one girlfriend to the next, you might assume the NYC buzzmaker was bad at relationships. Au contraire—as he explains on his latest feature, he’s just really Good at Being Single. (Apparently, he’s changed his mind since last May’s About Love, which found him fixing to settle down with a special girl.) On this newly-released single, Dao and Luke Moellman‘s dreamy synth production bangs in the back as the artist teaches us a lesson in responsible playerdom. As he demonstrates how to smooth-talk your way out of any conversation about commitment, he showcases the full range of his vocal abilities, transitioning fluidly between flowed bars and falsetto-laced singing. For Single and much more, check out Dao Jones’s 100 Years LP when it drops independently on Thursday, February 27.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)