Based on the speed with which Dao Jones jumps from one girlfriend to the next, you might assume the NYC buzzmaker was bad at relationships. Au contraire—as he explains on his latest feature, he’s just really Good at Being Single. (Apparently, he’s changed his mind since last May’s About Love, which found him fixing to settle down with a special girl.) On this newly-released single, Dao and Luke Moellman‘s dreamy synth production bangs in the back as the artist teaches us a lesson in responsible playerdom. As he demonstrates how to smooth-talk your way out of any conversation about commitment, he showcases the full range of his vocal abilities, transitioning fluidly between flowed bars and falsetto-laced singing. For Single and much more, check out Dao Jones’s 100 Years LP when it drops independently on Thursday, February 27.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.