Roughly a month removed from his last Booth feature, some of you might have worried that Dao Jones was on hiatus, but rest assured the New York native is back, restoring your FAITH in unique, well-put-together hip-hop. Even before uttering a single bar, Jones takes matters into his own hands by manning the boards himself, crafting a haunting beat highlighted by what sounds like an echoing church choir “ooing.” Atop the self-produced track, the emcee addresses everything from T.I. to gun control (a parallel?) by combining an aggressive, yet slightly subdued flow with a slurred singing voice on the hook. Throw together, this artistic approach makes for a very intriguing listen. FAITH is just a promo release, not attached to anything larger, but expect to hear more soon from the outspoken indie.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.