Roughly a month removed from his last Booth feature, some of you might have worried that Dao Jones was on hiatus, but rest assured the New York native is back, restoring your FAITH in unique, well-put-together hip-hop. Even before uttering a single bar, Jones takes matters into his own hands by manning the boards himself, crafting a haunting beat highlighted by what sounds like an echoing church choir “ooing.” Atop the self-produced track, the emcee addresses everything from T.I. to gun control (a parallel?) by combining an aggressive, yet slightly subdued flow with a slurred singing voice on the hook. Throw together, this artistic approach makes for a very intriguing listen. FAITH is just a promo release, not attached to anything larger, but expect to hear more soon from the outspoken indie.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.