Roughly a month removed from his last Booth feature, some of you might have worried that Dao Jones was on hiatus, but rest assured the New York native is back, restoring your FAITH in unique, well-put-together hip-hop. Even before uttering a single bar, Jones takes matters into his own hands by manning the boards himself, crafting a haunting beat highlighted by what sounds like an echoing church choir “ooing.” Atop the self-produced track, the emcee addresses everything from T.I. to gun control (a parallel?) by combining an aggressive, yet slightly subdued flow with a slurred singing voice on the hook. Throw together, this artistic approach makes for a very intriguing listen. FAITH is just a promo release, not attached to anything larger, but expect to hear more soon from the outspoken indie.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/31/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.