Roughly a month removed from his last Booth feature, some of you might have worried that Dao Jones was on hiatus, but rest assured the New York native is back, restoring your FAITH in unique, well-put-together hip-hop. Even before uttering a single bar, Jones takes matters into his own hands by manning the boards himself, crafting a haunting beat highlighted by what sounds like an echoing church choir “ooing.” Atop the self-produced track, the emcee addresses everything from T.I. to gun control (a parallel?) by combining an aggressive, yet slightly subdued flow with a slurred singing voice on the hook. Throw together, this artistic approach makes for a very intriguing listen. FAITH is just a promo release, not attached to anything larger, but expect to hear more soon from the outspoken indie.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.