Roughly a month removed from his last Booth feature, some of you might have worried that Dao Jones was on hiatus, but rest assured the New York native is back, restoring your FAITH in unique, well-put-together hip-hop. Even before uttering a single bar, Jones takes matters into his own hands by manning the boards himself, crafting a haunting beat highlighted by what sounds like an echoing church choir “ooing.” Atop the self-produced track, the emcee addresses everything from T.I. to gun control (a parallel?) by combining an aggressive, yet slightly subdued flow with a slurred singing voice on the hook. Throw together, this artistic approach makes for a very intriguing listen. FAITH is just a promo release, not attached to anything larger, but expect to hear more soon from the outspoken indie.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/31/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.