Like many males of his age group, Dao Jones enjoys hitting it and quitting it. And, like many, he feels just a little guilty for doing so—but not guilty enough to stop. On new single Don’t Wanna Be A…, the upstate N.Y. representer makes use of his lyrical platform to give the entire female gender fair warning that he and commitment are like oil and water. Flowing over his own wistful piano chords and swirling synth arpeggios, the emcee acknowledges that his current approach to romance isn’t the healthiest, but insists that he’s not gonna settle down till he’s good and ready… if ever. In addition to producing and rhyming, the headliner lends his smooth vocals to the record’s hook. For this joint, reader-acclaimed single Thru Your City and much more, check out new street album Dao Era, available online at the top of the year.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.