Like many males of his age group, Dao Jones enjoys hitting it and quitting it. And, like many, he feels just a little guilty for doing so—but not guilty enough to stop. On new single Don’t Wanna Be A…, the upstate N.Y. representer makes use of his lyrical platform to give the entire female gender fair warning that he and commitment are like oil and water. Flowing over his own wistful piano chords and swirling synth arpeggios, the emcee acknowledges that his current approach to romance isn’t the healthiest, but insists that he’s not gonna settle down till he’s good and ready… if ever. In addition to producing and rhyming, the headliner lends his smooth vocals to the record’s hook. For this joint, reader-acclaimed single Thru Your City and much more, check out new street album Dao Era, available online at the top of the year.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.