Like many males of his age group, Dao Jones enjoys hitting it and quitting it. And, like many, he feels just a little guilty for doing so—but not guilty enough to stop. On new single Don’t Wanna Be A…, the upstate N.Y. representer makes use of his lyrical platform to give the entire female gender fair warning that he and commitment are like oil and water. Flowing over his own wistful piano chords and swirling synth arpeggios, the emcee acknowledges that his current approach to romance isn’t the healthiest, but insists that he’s not gonna settle down till he’s good and ready… if ever. In addition to producing and rhyming, the headliner lends his smooth vocals to the record’s hook. For this joint, reader-acclaimed single Thru Your City and much more, check out new street album Dao Era, available online at the top of the year.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.