Like many males of his age group, Dao Jones enjoys hitting it and quitting it. And, like many, he feels just a little guilty for doing so—but not guilty enough to stop. On new single Don’t Wanna Be A…, the upstate N.Y. representer makes use of his lyrical platform to give the entire female gender fair warning that he and commitment are like oil and water. Flowing over his own wistful piano chords and swirling synth arpeggios, the emcee acknowledges that his current approach to romance isn’t the healthiest, but insists that he’s not gonna settle down till he’s good and ready… if ever. In addition to producing and rhyming, the headliner lends his smooth vocals to the record’s hook. For this joint, reader-acclaimed single Thru Your City and much more, check out new street album Dao Era, available online at the top of the year.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)