Be warned: if you’re a twentysomething, this one may hit a little close to home. Coming on the heels of early February’s Good at Being Single, this freshly-minted mixtape single finds the NYC buzzmaker highlighting many of the common gripes that can make post-collegiate life feel like a Dead End. Over a tuneful piano beat produced by the artist himself in conjunction with Frank Drake and Luke Moellman, Dao vents his frustration with crushing student loan debt, inconsiderate roommates, and the need to work long hours at a job that doesn’t pay. On the back, he proposes a way out: “Can’t deal with your boss… Instead of complaining and whining / you start your own company, and you’re taking his clients.” Leah Woods lends her vocals to the chorus. For more, check out the artist’s 100 Years LP when it drops digitally on Thursday, February 27.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.