Be warned: if you’re a twentysomething, this one may hit a little close to home. Coming on the heels of early February’s Good at Being Single, this freshly-minted mixtape single finds the NYC buzzmaker highlighting many of the common gripes that can make post-collegiate life feel like a Dead End. Over a tuneful piano beat produced by the artist himself in conjunction with Frank Drake and Luke Moellman, Dao vents his frustration with crushing student loan debt, inconsiderate roommates, and the need to work long hours at a job that doesn’t pay. On the back, he proposes a way out: “Can’t deal with your boss… Instead of complaining and whining / you start your own company, and you’re taking his clients.” Leah Woods lends her vocals to the chorus. For more, check out the artist’s 100 Years LP when it drops digitally on Thursday, February 27.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.