Evoking both Eastern philosophy’s concept of the flow of the universe and the U.S.’ best-known market index company, Dao Jones’ stage name tells you just about all you need to know about the Booth newcomer. Or maybe it’s just the dude’s name; in any case, the Saratoga Springs, N.Y. repper does show an uncanny knack for staying centered while his stock steady rises, as exemplified in unreleased cut Ayo. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, this laid-back joint finds the artist handling production and mic duties, hooking up with co-producer Frank Drake to craft an eminently head-noddable piano-loop instrumental as he schools us on the art of prioritizing. In conversational verses, the artist makes clear that he’s got better things to do than obsessing over his wardrobe - “I keep it classy with my clothes dude / But it comes to the point where what you own owns you” - and commits to making his dough without straying from his lyrically-focused style. Sounds like a good road-map to me; if you agree, keep it locked for one more unreleased outtake in the leadup to Jones’Booth-sponsored Cole King EP, coming soon!
Written by richard on 01/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"King's Ransom" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.