Though Do for You rhymesayer DanO currently resides in the Garden State, the emcee came up in Lagos, the most populous city in Nigeria. On new mixtape single Sounds of the Motherland, the rhymesayer returns to his roots, representing for the nation that birthed him over production inspired by one of his most famous countrymen. Backed by Flawless Tracks’ raucous brass/vocal samples, borrowed from a cut by Afrobeat pioneer and political activist Fela Kuti, DanO mixes braggadocious one-liners with lyrical nods to Nigeria’s culture and history. Has this musical journey across the Atlantic left you craving more fresh tunes? If so, you can keep it locked to our pages for further singles and release details leading up the the yet-unscheduled arrival of DanO’s next street album, Verses & Hooks Vol. 2.
Written by richard on 01/31/13
Submit your Rating
The Association Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do for You" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.