As any Average Joe will tell you, picking up a lady is not always easy. While most pickup attempts require tactful planning (and maybe a few bought drinks), all Danny London has to say is Hey Hey and its over; I guess when you have a buttery, laid-back singing style you don’t have to do much talking. Hey Hey has an R&B feel, but the production is more than your standard R&B fair. Field Day Productions blends a smooth piano instrumental with a quick snare and a few other little effects to give this beat an elegant vibe. Danny drapes his high-pitched, fluttering vocals over the track as he croons the apple of his eye. If this jazzy, understated effort has your attention, be on the lookout for London’s forthcoming Finding Harmony album. While you wait we suggest that you check out London’s last Booth feature, December’s Love Right.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Danny London’s Hey Hey visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.