As any Average Joe will tell you, picking up a lady is not always easy. While most pickup attempts require tactful planning (and maybe a few bought drinks), all Danny London has to say is Hey Hey and its over; I guess when you have a buttery, laid-back singing style you don’t have to do much talking. Hey Hey has an R&B feel, but the production is more than your standard R&B fair. Field Day Productions blends a smooth piano instrumental with a quick snare and a few other little effects to give this beat an elegant vibe. Danny drapes his high-pitched, fluttering vocals over the track as he croons the apple of his eye. If this jazzy, understated effort has your attention, be on the lookout for London’s forthcoming Finding Harmony album. While you wait we suggest that you check out London’s last Booth feature, December’s Love Right.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Danny London’s Hey Hey visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.