As any Average Joe will tell you, picking up a lady is not always easy. While most pickup attempts require tactful planning (and maybe a few bought drinks), all Danny London has to say is Hey Hey and its over; I guess when you have a buttery, laid-back singing style you don’t have to do much talking. Hey Hey has an R&B feel, but the production is more than your standard R&B fair. Field Day Productions blends a smooth piano instrumental with a quick snare and a few other little effects to give this beat an elegant vibe. Danny drapes his high-pitched, fluttering vocals over the track as he croons the apple of his eye. If this jazzy, understated effort has your attention, be on the lookout for London’s forthcoming Finding Harmony album. While you wait we suggest that you check out London’s last Booth feature, December’s Love Right.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Danny London’s Hey Hey visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/20/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.