Singer/songwriter Danny London may rep Cleveland but, like so many others, he often longs for the excitement and opportunities offered by a bigger city. Lately, he’s been feeling especially stir-crazy, as the unsigned crooner makes abundantly clear on new EP single C.I.S.. (I think that stands for “crazy and insane,” which is what he’ll go if he doesn’t get out soon.) Perhaps inspired by Jay Z‘s recent work on the Great Gatsby soundtrack, Wax Tailor and Field Day look to the Jazz Age for inspiration on the production tip, layering big band brass over hip-hop percussion as London delivers his engaging verses and hook. You’ll be able to find this cut, along with previously-featured single Hey Hey and much more on Danny London’s Finding Harmony EP, dropping digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 09/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.