New to the Booth but definitely not to the underground scene (he’s got four-going-on-five studio albums and three instrumental full-lengths under his belt), Danny! Swain is introducing himself to readers with a track as attention-grabbing as the exclamation point at the end of his first name. Get Down is pretty much as catchy as it gets, from the South Carolina-bred emcee’s intricately-rhymed, pop-reference-packed bars (“It’s the return of rap’s Mr. Burns, comin’ back with a track for black kids to learn…”) to ATL beatsmith Alex Goose‘s compulsively head-nodding boardwork, driven by an addictive, syncopated piano riff (whoever tells me what’s being sampled wins… um… my undying gratitude). Be sure and listen till the very end for… an unexplained meow? Maybe it’s a cameo from Rapcat. In any case, those digging this left-of-center banger should keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest on Danny Swain and Goose’s Where Is Danny? LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the Definitive Jux brass.
Listen to More: Danny!
Written by richard on 11/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Dont Wanna Hear That Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.