If most rappers dropped a record titled “For the Love of Money,” I’d know exactly what to expect: a street-ready hustle anthem expressing the artist’s all-consuming lust for paper. You can trust Danny!, however, to take the road less traveled. On the lead single off his next project, the Carolina underground mainstay reflects on the evil deeds that have been performed in pursuit of lucre, before switching gears to chronicle the rise and fall of a dealer he knew in his adolescent years. The artist’s own boardwork, a tense, yet understated groove featuring a fluid bassline and an ominous chromatic bell loop, backs his thoughtful bars. The project to which this joint is attached has yet to receive a title, nor has it been assigned a drop date by the Hype Music/Okayplayer brass, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Down" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.