If most rappers dropped a record titled “For the Love of Money,” I’d know exactly what to expect: a street-ready hustle anthem expressing the artist’s all-consuming lust for paper. You can trust Danny!, however, to take the road less traveled. On the lead single off his next project, the Carolina underground mainstay reflects on the evil deeds that have been performed in pursuit of lucre, before switching gears to chronicle the rise and fall of a dealer he knew in his adolescent years. The artist’s own boardwork, a tense, yet understated groove featuring a fluid bassline and an ominous chromatic bell loop, backs his thoughtful bars. The project to which this joint is attached has yet to receive a title, nor has it been assigned a drop date by the Hype Music/Okayplayer brass, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.