If most rappers dropped a record titled “For the Love of Money,” I’d know exactly what to expect: a street-ready hustle anthem expressing the artist’s all-consuming lust for paper. You can trust Danny!, however, to take the road less traveled. On the lead single off his next project, the Carolina underground mainstay reflects on the evil deeds that have been performed in pursuit of lucre, before switching gears to chronicle the rise and fall of a dealer he knew in his adolescent years. The artist’s own boardwork, a tense, yet understated groove featuring a fluid bassline and an ominous chromatic bell loop, backs his thoughtful bars. The project to which this joint is attached has yet to receive a title, nor has it been assigned a drop date by the Hype Music/Okayplayer brass, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/27/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Down" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)