Every year, a few enterprising emcees throw their hats into the “holiday music“ ring, attempting to craft that joint that’ll become the next White Christmas (or at least the next Wonderful Christmastime). To keep it one-hundred, Danny! wasn’t the first emcee I expected to hear ringing in the Yuletide, but I’ll be damned if the South Carolina mainstay’s Deckin’ Halls (And Jinglin’ Bells) isn’t one of the catchiest seasonal cuts I’ve heard in a hot minute. Over his own chilly synth arpeggios and (of course) jingling sleigh bells, he lets listeners know just how high his spirits are this Christmas season: “I’m in a mood that’s as good as food, prepared in underwear by Penelope Cruz.” But his cynical, rough-edged humor is in full effect. On the hook, he can’t helping pointing out that he’s “got more fans than Stalley.” This joint is slated for inclusion on MTV’s newly-released Hype Music Presents Holidays, Vol. 1 compilation. Additionally, watch for Danny! to participate in our newly-relaunched freestyle series at the top of 2014.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.