Every year, a few enterprising emcees throw their hats into the “holiday music“ ring, attempting to craft that joint that’ll become the next White Christmas (or at least the next Wonderful Christmastime). To keep it one-hundred, Danny! wasn’t the first emcee I expected to hear ringing in the Yuletide, but I’ll be damned if the South Carolina mainstay’s Deckin’ Halls (And Jinglin’ Bells) isn’t one of the catchiest seasonal cuts I’ve heard in a hot minute. Over his own chilly synth arpeggios and (of course) jingling sleigh bells, he lets listeners know just how high his spirits are this Christmas season: “I’m in a mood that’s as good as food, prepared in underwear by Penelope Cruz.” But his cynical, rough-edged humor is in full effect. On the hook, he can’t helping pointing out that he’s “got more fans than Stalley.” This joint is slated for inclusion on MTV’s newly-released Hype Music Presents Holidays, Vol. 1 compilation. Additionally, watch for Danny! to participate in our newly-relaunched freestyle series at the top of 2014.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.