Danny Brown‘s latest single, Side B, is a Dope Song in more than one sense: in addition to being a quality jam in general, Side B deals specifically with the Motown phenom’s experiences as a cornerboy. Rather than glorifying the hustle, however, he takes the opportunity to close the book on that chapter of his life. Over Rustie‘s production, a minimal synth arrangement with a majestic, sampled chorus, Brown indicts emcees (himself included) for dwelling on a period of their lives that’s long been over: “I’m sick of all these n**gas and their ten year old stories / You ain’t doin’ that no more, n**ga lying to the shawty.” In addition to handling production, Rustie steps out from behind the boards to direct the official visuals. For more dope songs (of both varieties), cop Danny Brown’s Old LP, released in October via Fools Gold Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.