Danny Brown‘s latest single, Side B, is a Dope Song in more than one sense: in addition to being a quality jam in general, Side B deals specifically with the Motown phenom’s experiences as a cornerboy. Rather than glorifying the hustle, however, he takes the opportunity to close the book on that chapter of his life. Over Rustie‘s production, a minimal synth arrangement with a majestic, sampled chorus, Brown indicts emcees (himself included) for dwelling on a period of their lives that’s long been over: “I’m sick of all these n**gas and their ten year old stories / You ain’t doin’ that no more, n**ga lying to the shawty.” In addition to handling production, Rustie steps out from behind the boards to direct the official visuals. For more dope songs (of both varieties), cop Danny Brown’s Old LP, released in October via Fools Gold Records.
Written by richard on 01/17/14
Before I truly listened to Old, I had heard more about Danny Brown than I had directly from him on the mic. From the rowdy concerts and raunchy interviews (especially with a certain red headed celebrity) to his late...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.