Danny Brown‘s latest single, Side B, is a Dope Song in more than one sense: in addition to being a quality jam in general, Side B deals specifically with the Motown phenom’s experiences as a cornerboy. Rather than glorifying the hustle, however, he takes the opportunity to close the book on that chapter of his life. Over Rustie‘s production, a minimal synth arrangement with a majestic, sampled chorus, Brown indicts emcees (himself included) for dwelling on a period of their lives that’s long been over: “I’m sick of all these n**gas and their ten year old stories / You ain’t doin’ that no more, n**ga lying to the shawty.” In addition to handling production, Rustie steps out from behind the boards to direct the official visuals. For more dope songs (of both varieties), cop Danny Brown’s Old LP, released in October via Fools Gold Records.
Written by richard on 01/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.