Danny Brown‘s latest single, Side B, is a Dope Song in more than one sense: in addition to being a quality jam in general, Side B deals specifically with the Motown phenom’s experiences as a cornerboy. Rather than glorifying the hustle, however, he takes the opportunity to close the book on that chapter of his life. Over Rustie‘s production, a minimal synth arrangement with a majestic, sampled chorus, Brown indicts emcees (himself included) for dwelling on a period of their lives that’s long been over: “I’m sick of all these n**gas and their ten year old stories / You ain’t doin’ that no more, n**ga lying to the shawty.” In addition to handling production, Rustie steps out from behind the boards to direct the official visuals. For more dope songs (of both varieties), cop Danny Brown’s Old LP, released in October via Fools Gold Records.
Written by richard on 01/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.