In the grand scheme of things, 32 years old is still relatively fresh-faced. For a rapper on the rise… yeah, that’s pretty damn Old. Danny Brown isn’t ashamed of the fact that he’s got a few years on his competition, as he makes abundantly clear on Side A, the lead single (and pseudo-title track) off his third studio album. Paul White, who enlisted the Motown phenom as a guest on Street Lights and One of Life’s Pleasures, returns the favor here, crafting a ominous, bass-heavy instrumental with a sampled hook. Brown modifies his rhyme style to match the moody instrumental, foregoing his usual, flamboyant delivery in favor of a more aggressive lyrical assault. Old is scheduled to hit record sotres and online retailers September 30, via Fools Gold. In the meantime, keep your browsers locked for further singles off the highly-anticipated set.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.