In the grand scheme of things, 32 years old is still relatively fresh-faced. For a rapper on the rise… yeah, that’s pretty damn Old. Danny Brown isn’t ashamed of the fact that he’s got a few years on his competition, as he makes abundantly clear on Side A, the lead single (and pseudo-title track) off his third studio album. Paul White, who enlisted the Motown phenom as a guest on Street Lights and One of Life’s Pleasures, returns the favor here, crafting a ominous, bass-heavy instrumental with a sampled hook. Brown modifies his rhyme style to match the moody instrumental, foregoing his usual, flamboyant delivery in favor of a more aggressive lyrical assault. Old is scheduled to hit record sotres and online retailers September 30, via Fools Gold. In the meantime, keep your browsers locked for further singles off the highly-anticipated set.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.