In the grand scheme of things, 32 years old is still relatively fresh-faced. For a rapper on the rise… yeah, that’s pretty damn Old. Danny Brown isn’t ashamed of the fact that he’s got a few years on his competition, as he makes abundantly clear on Side A, the lead single (and pseudo-title track) off his third studio album. Paul White, who enlisted the Motown phenom as a guest on Street Lights and One of Life’s Pleasures, returns the favor here, crafting a ominous, bass-heavy instrumental with a sampled hook. Brown modifies his rhyme style to match the moody instrumental, foregoing his usual, flamboyant delivery in favor of a more aggressive lyrical assault. Old is scheduled to hit record sotres and online retailers September 30, via Fools Gold. In the meantime, keep your browsers locked for further singles off the highly-anticipated set.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Before I truly listened to Old, I had heard more about Danny Brown than I had directly from him on the mic. From the rowdy concerts and raunchy interviews (especially with a certain red headed celebrity) to his late...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.