In the grand scheme of things, 32 years old is still relatively fresh-faced. For a rapper on the rise… yeah, that’s pretty damn Old. Danny Brown isn’t ashamed of the fact that he’s got a few years on his competition, as he makes abundantly clear on Side A, the lead single (and pseudo-title track) off his third studio album. Paul White, who enlisted the Motown phenom as a guest on Street Lights and One of Life’s Pleasures, returns the favor here, crafting a ominous, bass-heavy instrumental with a sampled hook. Brown modifies his rhyme style to match the moody instrumental, foregoing his usual, flamboyant delivery in favor of a more aggressive lyrical assault. Old is scheduled to hit record sotres and online retailers September 30, via Fools Gold. In the meantime, keep your browsers locked for further singles off the highly-anticipated set.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)