It’s about time someone truly paid tribute to ‘80s movie star Molly Ringwald. I’ve always said her work in The Breakfast Club was underrated. Wait, what’s that? Danny Brown‘s new cut Molly Ringwald is actually an ode to drugs and red-headed groupies. Oh, yeah, I guess that makes way more sense. The always full throttle Araabmuzik steps up on the beat, unleashing yet another epically banging beat likely to inspire a few felonies. Speaking of which, on the mic Danny is as out of control as ever, unleashing more of his trademark nihilism meets pop-culture lyrics in a torrent of flows. The end product is a track so dope I just might forgive them for not actually showing love to Molly. This one is part of yours truly and Adidas Originals’ Songs From Scratch documentary series and will be available via vinyl next month (with Joey Bada$$’s Daily Routine on the flip side).
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.