It’s about time someone truly paid tribute to ‘80s movie star Molly Ringwald. I’ve always said her work in The Breakfast Club was underrated. Wait, what’s that? Danny Brown‘s new cut Molly Ringwald is actually an ode to drugs and red-headed groupies. Oh, yeah, I guess that makes way more sense. The always full throttle Araabmuzik steps up on the beat, unleashing yet another epically banging beat likely to inspire a few felonies. Speaking of which, on the mic Danny is as out of control as ever, unleashing more of his trademark nihilism meets pop-culture lyrics in a torrent of flows. The end product is a track so dope I just might forgive them for not actually showing love to Molly. This one is part of yours truly and Adidas Originals’ Songs From Scratch documentary series and will be available via vinyl next month (with Joey Bada$$’s Daily Routine on the flip side).
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.