It’s about time someone truly paid tribute to ‘80s movie star Molly Ringwald. I’ve always said her work in The Breakfast Club was underrated. Wait, what’s that? Danny Brown‘s new cut Molly Ringwald is actually an ode to drugs and red-headed groupies. Oh, yeah, I guess that makes way more sense. The always full throttle Araabmuzik steps up on the beat, unleashing yet another epically banging beat likely to inspire a few felonies. Speaking of which, on the mic Danny is as out of control as ever, unleashing more of his trademark nihilism meets pop-culture lyrics in a torrent of flows. The end product is a track so dope I just might forgive them for not actually showing love to Molly. This one is part of yours truly and Adidas Originals’ Songs From Scratch documentary series and will be available via vinyl next month (with Joey Bada$$’s Daily Routine on the flip side).
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.