Change is a good thing or in emcee Danny Brown‘s case it just so happens to be the title of his latest cut. The Detroit spitter, who’s known for his energetic lyricism and spastic flow, tones things down a notch (or twenty) for the surprisingly mellow Change. On the record, Brown lyrically addresses the dreaded changes that comes with fame, such as those around you acting funny and informing you that you’re the one who’s actually changing. Keeping with the chill tone of the record is production duo Johnson&Jonson (they have absolutely nothing to do with baby lotion, we promise), made up of emcee/producer Blu and Mainframe, who lace the record with a mellow helping of percussion. Lookout for more from both Brown and The Johnson’s on the emcee’s fittingly-titled collaborative album, Danny Johnson, which is “coming soon” and entirely produced by the duo.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.