Change is a good thing or in emcee Danny Brown‘s case it just so happens to be the title of his latest cut. The Detroit spitter, who’s known for his energetic lyricism and spastic flow, tones things down a notch (or twenty) for the surprisingly mellow Change. On the record, Brown lyrically addresses the dreaded changes that comes with fame, such as those around you acting funny and informing you that you’re the one who’s actually changing. Keeping with the chill tone of the record is production duo Johnson&Jonson (they have absolutely nothing to do with baby lotion, we promise), made up of emcee/producer Blu and Mainframe, who lace the record with a mellow helping of percussion. Lookout for more from both Brown and The Johnson’s on the emcee’s fittingly-titled collaborative album, Danny Johnson, which is “coming soon” and entirely produced by the duo.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.