Change is a good thing or in emcee Danny Brown‘s case it just so happens to be the title of his latest cut. The Detroit spitter, who’s known for his energetic lyricism and spastic flow, tones things down a notch (or twenty) for the surprisingly mellow Change. On the record, Brown lyrically addresses the dreaded changes that comes with fame, such as those around you acting funny and informing you that you’re the one who’s actually changing. Keeping with the chill tone of the record is production duo Johnson&Jonson (they have absolutely nothing to do with baby lotion, we promise), made up of emcee/producer Blu and Mainframe, who lace the record with a mellow helping of percussion. Lookout for more from both Brown and The Johnson’s on the emcee’s fittingly-titled collaborative album, Danny Johnson, which is “coming soon” and entirely produced by the duo.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/12/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.