Change is a good thing or in emcee Danny Brown‘s case it just so happens to be the title of his latest cut. The Detroit spitter, who’s known for his energetic lyricism and spastic flow, tones things down a notch (or twenty) for the surprisingly mellow Change. On the record, Brown lyrically addresses the dreaded changes that comes with fame, such as those around you acting funny and informing you that you’re the one who’s actually changing. Keeping with the chill tone of the record is production duo Johnson&Jonson (they have absolutely nothing to do with baby lotion, we promise), made up of emcee/producer Blu and Mainframe, who lace the record with a mellow helping of percussion. Lookout for more from both Brown and The Johnson’s on the emcee’s fittingly-titled collaborative album, Danny Johnson, which is “coming soon” and entirely produced by the duo.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Guitar Solo" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!