Remember Mark Ronson, the British singer/songwriter/producer who helped craft Amy Winehouse‘s vintage sound on Back in Black? Though Winehouse may not be up to recording another album anytime soon, Ronson’s still as busy as ever, and now he’s brought his behind-the-board talent to bear on another promising artist’s sophomore LP. On the new single off his forthcoming Love and War, Australian soul singer (and Booth newcomer) Daniel Merriweather addresses our need to come together and create Change as Ronson serves up a pensive yet upbeat accompaniment. Washington D.C. emcee and Booth favorite Wale also steps into the spotlight for a few lyrical interludes, adding some hip-hop flavor to the cut’s undeniable retro appeal. The UK press is already touting the R&B up-and-comer as an artist to watch in ‘09—does he have what it takes to catch on stateside? If you think so, be sure to pick up a copy of his second album, set to drop this July via J Records/Allido.
Written by richard on 03/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash in My Pocket ft. Daniel Merriweather" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.