Remember Mark Ronson, the British singer/songwriter/producer who helped craft Amy Winehouse‘s vintage sound on Back in Black? Though Winehouse may not be up to recording another album anytime soon, Ronson’s still as busy as ever, and now he’s brought his behind-the-board talent to bear on another promising artist’s sophomore LP. On the new single off his forthcoming Love and War, Australian soul singer (and Booth newcomer) Daniel Merriweather addresses our need to come together and create Change as Ronson serves up a pensive yet upbeat accompaniment. Washington D.C. emcee and Booth favorite Wale also steps into the spotlight for a few lyrical interludes, adding some hip-hop flavor to the cut’s undeniable retro appeal. The UK press is already touting the R&B up-and-comer as an artist to watch in ‘09—does he have what it takes to catch on stateside? If you think so, be sure to pick up a copy of his second album, set to drop this July via J Records/Allido.
Written by richard on 03/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash in My Pocket ft. Daniel Merriweather" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.