In the game of romance, there are no small wagers; Win Lose or Die, those who play are always indelibly marked by the experience. No strangers to the world of high-stakes gambling (I mean, “danger” is their
first name) Dangerflow tell the story of a romance whose consequences resonated throughout every aspect of the inamorati‘s lives on their latest single and album title track. As on previous features I’m Late and The Crown, Miami Beat Wave handle production duties, joining forces with the crew’s instrumental contingent to craft a sweeping, piano/string backdrop for Angel Ocean‘s narrative lyrics. In breathlessly flowed bars, the emcee tells the story of a drop-dead gorgeous female swept off her feet by a man who’s either some sort of otherworldly superbeing, or just balls-crazy. (“I speak what I want into existence.” is hardly your usual pick-up line.) Either way, his kiss sends her on a roller coaster ride of emotion, from euphoria, to despair, to seeming omnipotence. Complete with a cryptic, but appropriately soaring chorus by singer Eric “E” Stinnett, this joint is just the beginning of the eclectically dope new material to be found on Win Lose or Die (the album), available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.