In the game of romance, there are no small wagers; Win Lose or Die, those who play are always indelibly marked by the experience. No strangers to the world of high-stakes gambling (I mean, “danger” is their
first name) Dangerflow tell the story of a romance whose consequences resonated throughout every aspect of the inamorati‘s lives on their latest single and album title track. As on previous features I’m Late and The Crown, Miami Beat Wave handle production duties, joining forces with the crew’s instrumental contingent to craft a sweeping, piano/string backdrop for Angel Ocean‘s narrative lyrics. In breathlessly flowed bars, the emcee tells the story of a drop-dead gorgeous female swept off her feet by a man who’s either some sort of otherworldly superbeing, or just balls-crazy. (“I speak what I want into existence.” is hardly your usual pick-up line.) Either way, his kiss sends her on a roller coaster ride of emotion, from euphoria, to despair, to seeming omnipotence. Complete with a cryptic, but appropriately soaring chorus by singer Eric “E” Stinnett, this joint is just the beginning of the eclectically dope new material to be found on Win Lose or Die (the album), available now in stores and online.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.