In the game of romance, there are no small wagers; Win Lose or Die, those who play are always indelibly marked by the experience. No strangers to the world of high-stakes gambling (I mean, “danger” is their
first name) Dangerflow tell the story of a romance whose consequences resonated throughout every aspect of the inamorati‘s lives on their latest single and album title track. As on previous features I’m Late and The Crown, Miami Beat Wave handle production duties, joining forces with the crew’s instrumental contingent to craft a sweeping, piano/string backdrop for Angel Ocean‘s narrative lyrics. In breathlessly flowed bars, the emcee tells the story of a drop-dead gorgeous female swept off her feet by a man who’s either some sort of otherworldly superbeing, or just balls-crazy. (“I speak what I want into existence.” is hardly your usual pick-up line.) Either way, his kiss sends her on a roller coaster ride of emotion, from euphoria, to despair, to seeming omnipotence. Complete with a cryptic, but appropriately soaring chorus by singer Eric “E” Stinnett, this joint is just the beginning of the eclectically dope new material to be found on Win Lose or Die (the album), available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/6/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)