In the game of romance, there are no small wagers; Win Lose or Die, those who play are always indelibly marked by the experience. No strangers to the world of high-stakes gambling (I mean, “danger” is their
first name) Dangerflow tell the story of a romance whose consequences resonated throughout every aspect of the inamorati‘s lives on their latest single and album title track. As on previous features I’m Late and The Crown, Miami Beat Wave handle production duties, joining forces with the crew’s instrumental contingent to craft a sweeping, piano/string backdrop for Angel Ocean‘s narrative lyrics. In breathlessly flowed bars, the emcee tells the story of a drop-dead gorgeous female swept off her feet by a man who’s either some sort of otherworldly superbeing, or just balls-crazy. (“I speak what I want into existence.” is hardly your usual pick-up line.) Either way, his kiss sends her on a roller coaster ride of emotion, from euphoria, to despair, to seeming omnipotence. Complete with a cryptic, but appropriately soaring chorus by singer Eric “E” Stinnett, this joint is just the beginning of the eclectically dope new material to be found on Win Lose or Die (the album), available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.