If recording artists were handed fame, fortune and critical acclaim on a silver platter the moment they first laid vocals to wax… well, I’m sure a lot of slackers would be very pleased. For those whose hearts are truly in the game, however, such an arrangement would be, to put it bluntly, boring as f**k. Knowing its about the Thrill of the Chase rather than the quarry, Dangerflow celebrate the arduous, but exhilarating nature of their hustle on single numero cinq off their latest LP. Booth-acclaimed neighbors Miami Beat Wave (and co-producer J-Sweet) once again collaborate with the crew instrumental contingent on the production tip, crafting a radiant, lightly-funky backdrop for emcee Angel Ocean‘s creative (and often hilarious: “Me without you is like no religion to an Amish dude.”) declarations of devotion to the grind. Vocalist Eric “E” Stinnett ties it all together with a vivid, suitably energizing hook. Does this joint leave you amped and ready to chase after your own dreams? Good to hear—before you go, though, be sure to grab a copy of the South Florida quartet’s Win, Lose or Die LP, available in stores and online as of late 2011.
Written by richard on 05/8/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.