If recording artists were handed fame, fortune and critical acclaim on a silver platter the moment they first laid vocals to wax… well, I’m sure a lot of slackers would be very pleased. For those whose hearts are truly in the game, however, such an arrangement would be, to put it bluntly, boring as f**k. Knowing its about the Thrill of the Chase rather than the quarry, Dangerflow celebrate the arduous, but exhilarating nature of their hustle on single numero cinq off their latest LP. Booth-acclaimed neighbors Miami Beat Wave (and co-producer J-Sweet) once again collaborate with the crew instrumental contingent on the production tip, crafting a radiant, lightly-funky backdrop for emcee Angel Ocean‘s creative (and often hilarious: “Me without you is like no religion to an Amish dude.”) declarations of devotion to the grind. Vocalist Eric “E” Stinnett ties it all together with a vivid, suitably energizing hook. Does this joint leave you amped and ready to chase after your own dreams? Good to hear—before you go, though, be sure to grab a copy of the South Florida quartet’s Win, Lose or Die LP, available in stores and online as of late 2011.
Written by richard on 05/8/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.