If recording artists were handed fame, fortune and critical acclaim on a silver platter the moment they first laid vocals to wax… well, I’m sure a lot of slackers would be very pleased. For those whose hearts are truly in the game, however, such an arrangement would be, to put it bluntly, boring as f**k. Knowing its about the Thrill of the Chase rather than the quarry, Dangerflow celebrate the arduous, but exhilarating nature of their hustle on single numero cinq off their latest LP. Booth-acclaimed neighbors Miami Beat Wave (and co-producer J-Sweet) once again collaborate with the crew instrumental contingent on the production tip, crafting a radiant, lightly-funky backdrop for emcee Angel Ocean‘s creative (and often hilarious: “Me without you is like no religion to an Amish dude.”) declarations of devotion to the grind. Vocalist Eric “E” Stinnett ties it all together with a vivid, suitably energizing hook. Does this joint leave you amped and ready to chase after your own dreams? Good to hear—before you go, though, be sure to grab a copy of the South Florida quartet’s Win, Lose or Die LP, available in stores and online as of late 2011.
Written by richard on 05/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)